A New Zealand first!
Open Football Training Sessions designed for Adult players of all ages and abilities.
Founded in Wellington, New Zealand, Academy of Football (AoF) believes that everyone should be able to train and develop their football skills at any stage of their lives.
With enthusiasm, determination, and consistency, Academy of Football can help players improve their skills, fitness and confidence to enjoy better football!
Who can attend our sessions?
Our training sessions are open to male and female footballers (18-75 years old) of ALL abilities! If you have the enthusiasm and determination to develop your skills for your games, or if you want to stay fit while having fun, then this is for you!
Our sessions are perfect for those who are:
- a social/masters player
- wanting regular and structured training sessions to develop their skills for their 5-aside, 11-aside or indoor football games.
- looking to get fit through “Football Focused” exercises & activities
- looking to get back into football from a long absence or an injury – 90 minutes of exercise is perfect for those who are in rehabilitation. Please seek advice from your health care professional.
Sessions are designed for players to train at their own pace! If you attend regularly, you will see improvements in your football skills AND fitness.
What will the sessions consist of?
Each training session will be for 90 minutes! Our experienced coach will take you through a thorough warm up, football drills, exciting game situational exercises (focusing on both defensive and attack), a full field game (depending on numbers) and to finish with a warm down + stretch.
When & Where will the sessions be held?
From 3rd April, our sessions will be held on Mondays 8:10pm at Te Whaea Artificial Turf, Newtown until the end of June 2017
To get the latest on our Wellington Training Sessions you can Contact Us, check out this website’s sidebar “Upcoming Training Sessions” (Wellington Only) or visit our Wellington Facebook and/or MeetUp Wellington page.
Due to high demand, we are proud to announce our Auckland Training Sessions at Balmoral Indoor Sports Centre (164 Balmoral road, Mount Eden, Balmoral, Auckland) every Thursday 6:30pm-8:00pm.
That’s awesome! How can I sign up?
There are a number of ways for you to register your interest. You can:
- Contact Us through our website,
- Send a message through our Facebook page,
- RSVP for a training session through our MeetUp Groups: MeetUp Auckland, MeetUp Wellington
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call or Text +64 21 064 2668
We recommend that you register in advance but if you are unable to, don’t sweat! Just drop-in to a training session and we will register you in person before the session starts – easy as!